Driving home from the movies tonight, I was sitting at the intersection of Wisconsin and Bradley waiting for the light to change. I could see in front of me past the light that there were police flares, and one squad car blocking the scene of an apparent accident. The hazard lights on the car looked sort of funny; without my glasses on, I could tell the blinking lights were vertical as opposed to horizontal. It didn't register until I drove past the scene. The car was on its side.
Seems like maybe the car was still there, and the other emergency vehicles had come and gone. I drive down that street all the time, four times today in fact.
I can only hope there weren't any serious injuries in that crash, but I can't help but he thankful I was in the right place at the right time.
Corny but true. I just got my reminder.
No comments:
Post a Comment