Saturday, June 18, 2011

Perspective.

God.... I swear, you are a funny guy sometimes.

Although I'm pretty sure you're sending me to hell after this one.

They say that if you think you've got it bad, someone else, somewhere, is probably dealing with something worse. And I believe this - I get bummed out about stuff, and I have to remember that someone else somewhere probably has it pretty bad. What I did not anticipate, however, was that I would learn this standing in the middle of the clothing section of Target.

Notice to reader: any puns from here on out are, more than likely, intended. Bringing the colleges days back, folks. I bring you your Ignorance of the Day.

This week has been shit, hands down. Just all out ridiculous for so many reasons, and I've been over it since about Tuesday. So I decided to make this Saturday my own, as well as my father's and grandfather's, by picking up some gifts for them. I went upstairs and got what I needed, then came back down to browse the clothing section before I went to get cards and wrapping paper.

A more than foul stench wafted across my nostrils at this point that stopped me in my tracks. So astonishing that I thought someone had gotten sick somewhere near by, so I made sure to keep my eyes to the floor to make sure I didn't step in anything. For a brief moment I look up and see a woman walking (well, waddling I suppose) through the dress section with a massive stain on the back of her pants. She seemed to pretend it wasn't there, as she perused the assortment of dresses. Between the smell and the obvious marking on this woman's backside, it dawned on me. "Holy shit. This woman just crapped herself."

The shit on the back of her pants, and now left leg, made itself plain. Was I the only one seeing this? I looked for witnesses. None. But I know shit when I see it.

She casually made her way to the exit, shit-stench trailing behind her. I wondered what she would do when she got to the car. Why isn't she upset about this? And why, for shit's sake, instead of finding a bathroom, did she continue to browse through sundresses?

I very much was almost sick myself. At the shock or the smell, I'm not sure. I also immediately forgot to go to the card section for some much needed merchandise. But what I realized when I got home is that someone, truly, is always dealing with something and it's probably worse than what you're dealing with.

Life throws some mess your way sometimes. But at least, for God's sake, at least you didn't shit your pants in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment