In a few minutes, our president is going to step into my living room and try to convince me, yet again, that the country will be alright - eventually.
(For the moment I'm watching the Jeopardy championship game. I'm really hoping this chick gets the win against these two dudes. This Final Jep is hard as hell though.)
I sort of debated the whole way home whether or not I wanted to actually watch Barack tonight.
(Dammit, she didn't win. She gets a hundred G's though... not a bad day's work.)
I thought it was sort of weird that I'm starting to want to see Obama less and less, whether it be on magazine covers, newspaper headlines, Presidential news conferences, and (for the love of God) late night TV.

I've enjoy watching him though. The Leno gaffe was sort of painful to hear about but whatever, we've got bigger fish to fry. And the President seems to be fishing everywhere for support in this ridiculous financial disaster.
To be honest, I found myself rather infuriated about the AIG fiasco. Bonuses are for doing a good job, right? I mean seriously. Feds find loopholes in EVERYTHING - I assure you these turds could have found a way out of this mess. Breach a contract. Who the fuck CARES. These fat asses already have gazillions anyway. What's a million-dollar bonus? Spit at me feet, I don't care. That's just how I feel.
I digress though. Obama does a good job of reminding us every day that, essentially, the majority of this mess is not his fault. He "inherited" it. And I understand he's trying to pitch the idea that we need to be patient and wait for this economy recovery plan to work. But is he taking face time a little too far?
Besides seeing him on the news, I feel like he's everywhere. Leno, 60 Minutes, now another news conference. Now I love the guy - I voted for him, I celebrated with him. And I happen to think his mere presence in office (as opposed to that other guy I sort of miss making fun of) is reassuring somewhat in and of itself. And I know he's working hard. But I think he needs to leave the press tour alone. It's starting to appears as though he doth protest too much. I'm not saying he needs to avoid the cameras 100 percent. I'm just saying we're in a tricky bind right now, and he's playing up to his celebrity status a wee bit too much.
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but he's sort of wearing me out.
No comments:
Post a Comment