Friday, January 23, 2009

26 - 43 + 44 = The best days. Period.



Well... the weekend has ended. The air mattresses have been deflated, the spare pillows tucked away, the friends - gone home. Yes... sadly, the fabulous 4-day extravaganza we all awaited for so long, is over. Despite a busy first few days back at work, I can't help but still think about all I experienced - a new year tacked onto my life, a new president, a new optimism about things to come.

I went into the weekend SO prepared. I was going to take as many pictures as I could with my new snazzy camera (I got the purple one instead of the blue), and document every minute, every statement, every sentiment and emotion of the weekend.

But I'm sitting here and I realize I can't do it justice.

I spent so much time with so many of my greatest friends, talking politics, reminiscing about school, and figuring out where we've been and where we're going. We danced, sang, ate, laughed, cried, celebrated, barely slept, and did the stanky legg. I remember so much about this weekend that I just can't really put into words. But I'm going to do my best to recount the best of what went down this weekend and my memories with some of my favorite people in the world, coming together to celebrate the greatest wave of change we've every seen.

Hence, the photo. Taken in the midst of horrendous cold, I got this shot as the sun came up over the Capitol on Inauguration Day. We spent the first few hours on the Mall huddled up together in the dark. But when I stumbled up as the sun was rising, I was totally in awe of this view. A new day coming up over DC. (For me it was the same damn day but that's another story). This kind of embodies the spirit of the weekend, and what better way to start jotting this thing down?

Here we go.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment