Thursday, January 15, 2009

Get your camera ready!

Wait did I just drop a T.O. reference??

FAIL.

Anyway, as we all know, it's about that time. One, the most important day of the year is on our heels. Two, the SECOND most important day of the year is also on our heels. You know what they are, and I leave it to you, dear reader, to determine order of importance.

So... I lost my camera over the holidays. And by lost, I mean I left it on a table at a black tie and, due to the revelry taking place, didn't really care too much about retrieving it. Upon realizing it was likely lost for ever, my only thought was "meh" and kept the party going.
The thing was a clunker - 3 years old (37 in camera years), couldn't keep a good double A battery for more than one use, and the pictures themselves were... let's just say... not the best quality. It did its job for a good amount of time, as evidenced by certain facebook postings, but its days have, whether I like it or not, come to an abrupt and not-so-glamorous end. It's probably in the dishwater along with my knife and fork at the Omni Shoreham in Woodley Park.

NOW. It's a new day... a new year... another year older... and a new friggin' president in the name of Jesus. So you KNOW it's all got to be sufficiently documented.

I need a camera.

I've gotten some good recommendations... and I think I may have settled on this:



Nikon Coolpix. In that color. To match my new nano :) (no, I'm not rolling in dough. Everything just broke/got lost/got stolen all at the same time.) Ummm so what do you think? Yes? It needs to get bought TONIGHT so I can be paparazzi-ready when the first amigos step off the bus. If there's a better cam out there somewhere, would love to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment