Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First snow



Nothing special. Just woke up to a li'l bit of the white stuff up here in the District.


And of course I had the whole "oh my god didn't they forecast snow" revelation upon the sound of my alarm this morning. Woke up extra hype like I forgot I was 26, ready to make a cup of hot chocolate and stare out the window all day.

WRONG.

Instead I had to drag myself up and walk through this mess to get to a training session downtown.

I kind of wish I'd brought my camera though... because the stuff was pretty, honestly. Walking across the Mall late this afternoon... wow. The last time I saw the place it looked like a dust bowl from all the inaugural stomping.

Now, a wonderland.

Got a good shot when I got home though.



Makes me nostalgic. 

Lots to think about these days.... lots to remember.

1 comment: