Thursday, January 29, 2009

The nasty 19.

It seems like everyone is doing this "25 random things" list these days. I like it. I've learned a lot about the people I thought I knew so well. It's also a fantastic distraction in the middle of the day when I need a break from work (and a reason to procrastinate).

There are SO many more than just 25 random things about me. I'm sitting here thinking about them all, and I decided to do a new list. Since 19 is my favorite and (I think) lucky number, I'm going with it.

1. In high school my parents wouldn't let me do non-school related things on the computer, so I told them I was "researching on the internet for my spanish homework" and I "needed the computer to translate words." I then used the time to talk to my friends online.

2. I hope my parents don't find this blog.

3. I think I have chronic tonsillitis.

4. I would rather sit in a sports bar all weekend watching games in a Redskins jersey than go to a club.

5. Most of the time, the #1 reason I don't want to go out (as in out out) is because I don't feel like I meet a certain "standard" of appearance, compared to everyone else there.

6. I will move to and live in Chicago at some point in my life. Hopefully in the next few years.

7. I am terrified of vomit.

8. The #2 reason I don't always like going out is because I'm afraid someone will throw up on me. The vomit phobia is rather debilitating.

9. I have a mild obsession with the play count on iTunes.

10. I just finished a great phone conversation with someone it seems I'll never get tired of talking to.

11. I also just made a cup of mint hot chocolate from Trader Joe's that I'm supposed to use hot milk to make. I used boiling water because I have no milk. I hope it still tastes good.

12. I can almost always identify who is walking down the hall in my office by the sound and rhythm of their gait.

13. LOVING The Fray's new album. This is my new soundtrack.

14. I just tasted the milkless hot chocolate. It's fabulous.

15. I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last week and I can't stop thinking about it. Nothing stays the same...

16. I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

17. I just found out that Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice are crossing over next week and I may have shat my pants.

18. I really want to play tennis again. I hope I can.

19. I'm tired but I can't go to sleep.

There. Soooooooo I might have to do this again in a week. Or two days. This brain dump thing is kind of awesome.

2 comments:

  1. hahhaha Jennifer!!! I love it :) I just found your blog (I hope that's kosher) and I love this post. EVERYONE and their mom (somewhat literally) has been doing them and at first I was annoyed, but now you make me want to actually read it and do it. I'm not used to this other than photos/wall-posts facebook action going on.

    Also, I love that you used the words: gaits, shat, and ... something else but I forgot what it was by the time I got to this commment box. You cracked me up - as usual - and I also liked just hearing some of your thoughts :)

    I know what you mean. "Out Out" on a regular basis is for a certain type of person, I think, and I'd guess the majority of us aren't in that category - yet, on occasion, we're willing to try. Of course, it's even less fun when you're wearing 2 rings on the same finger because you're actually NOT "looking to meet somebody" and you're really just there to hang out with your friends.

    Just sayin. hahaha Not that anyone cared.

    Okay, well, I'm enthused and I miss you :) Let's hang and FINALLY achieve our long awaited dreams. Yes, I'm talking about car bombs. Please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - the thing i had to spell to post my last comment?

    Canofunp

    ... I read it as "Can of fun peas"

    ReplyDelete