Saturday, January 10, 2009

That resolution... thing.

I'm really bad at this. The whole new year's resolution thing. I never do it, and when I do, it usually lasts, like many people, for about 10 days.

But one thing I know I need to do differently is to do something I don't do all the time.

I was brushing my teeth and thinking about how I used to general do more - more cultural things, entertainment, sports... you know. So I've decided to, at least once a month, do something that falls into one of those categories - preferably something I haven't done before or done in a long time.

I've got January covered - last weekend I went to see the Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Kennedy Center.


(You know how I feel about the theater.)

So that sort of jumpstarted this whole thing too, I think. Well, there's going to me more of that. At least 11 more like this in 2009.

Activities to consider:
  • Wine tasting (nope, never done it).
  • Hockey game (never done that either but it looks like a ton of fun)
  • Play in one tennis tournament (I limit myself to one given my tendency to injure myself)
  • Take a class - in something (I need to figure out my life)
  • Go to a Redskins game (contrary to popular belief, as it turns out I have NOT ever been to a Redskins game. That one time I thought I went when I was three years old was actually a Howard Homecoming game with my father. Clearly this doesn't count.)

I will stick to it this time. I swear.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I was at that fabulous show as well. Did you love it? My favorite was Eric Kunze. I'm a big fan of his and have a fansite for him. If you want to know more about him check it out: www.erickunze.com
    Maggi

    ReplyDelete